EVENT - Thomas Hardy Victorian Fair - 2nd June
I've got two events planned in June, which is probably enough, given that we'll have a newborn to look after.. Can newborns eat Donuts? Asking for a friend..
Sunday 2nd June - Thomas Hardy Victorian Fair, Dorchester
To celebrate the 179th Birthday of one of Dorchester's most famous residents, Thomas Hardy, there's going to be a Victorian Street Fair in Dorchester on 2nd June, 11:00-16:00.
There's loads of activities planned for all the family and lots of stands and stalls.
- Victorian costume competition for children and adults
- Maypole Dancing with Stepsintime Dance Side
- Punch and Judy Show
- Traditional Victorian Toys
- Victorian traction engine
- Thomas Hardy Tours of the historic High Street
- Nothe Fort Artillery Volunteers and cannon
- Victorian shepherd and his flock
- Plankbridge Shepherd's Huts
- Dorset County Museum’s Inflatable Museum
- Hardy Tours of Shire Hall Historic Courthouse Museum
- Victorian and Rural Craft demonstrations
- Costumed actors in character
- Morris Dancers
- Dorset Food & Drink Stalls
- Plants for sale
- LIVE Music, including The Mellstock Band
Both High West Street and High East Street will be closed to all traffic.
Legend has it, that Thomas Hardy was impartial to a Gluten Free and Vegan Donut, don't you know.
Come along and see what's on offer. It's free!